Tuesday 27 August 2013

Pike Place Market and the Original Starbucks


For my last day in Seattle, we decided to go to the Pike Place Market, the oldest continuous Farmer's Market in America. This also happens to be the place where the original Starbucks is located. As a Starbucks gold card holder...it's kind of a pilgrimage for me to visit the first Starbucks (I know, awful but it's a must!).

We started off the day with a nice breakfast at Lola's in Belltown where I had a Mediterranean octopus and sweet corn. Yum :)

Eggs sunny side up...my favourite <3

Pike Place Market is located right by Seattle's waterfront and it was pretty busy for a Tuesday morning. 


The first thing you see as you enter the market is stalls of fresh fish on ice. 

So fresh that one of them moved!!

On the other side of the fish is a whole wall of fresh, beautiful flowers.



Just outside the market is access to the Seattle waterfront area. Great place to sit down and enjoy your cup of coffee. :)


Beautiful day :)
There was even a totem pole here!

Love my west coast totem poles!

Across the street from this little area is where you can find the original Starbucks, and their original (brown) logo.


Of course there were a bajillion people at the location, trying to snap a picture and get a souvenir.


Unfortunately, you can't actually sit down for a cup of coffee here but they do sell special cups and mugs that are not available at their other locations.



Hope you've enjoyed my adventures in the Pacific Northwest so far, I know I have :). Have a good one :D !

2 comments:

  1. You did it! You made it to the original Starbucks!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! it was crazy! But I loved the market place... can't wait to be home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...