Friday 31 May 2013

Arrivederci Italy! Highlights of my Simply Italy Contiki Trip


As I get home and return to my normal life, I 'd like to do a re-cap of the highlights of my Contiki trip in Italy. This trip was so much more than I expected, from the yummy Italian food to meeting awesome people all over the world and the various different sights, it was the trip of a lifetime :). 

So in no particular order, 10 highlights of my Contiki trip:

1) Missing the ferry on Capri because I wanted to go see Mount Solanto in Anacapri. 

the view was pretty awesome though

2) Speaking French on a boat tour around the Cinque Terre ( Italian Riveria area). I had studied some French in school but it was fun to be able to somewhat communicate with a native speaker.
Portovenere, part of the Cinque Terre that you can only get to by train or boat
 3) Getting my bag inscribed in Florence

4) Wine tasting in the Tuscany Region


5) Exploring Florence at night



 6) Walking around the flooded St. Mark's square in Venice

7) Overlooking the beautiful Lake Garda at the Alps.


Serene, quiet, beautiful

8) Doing a cheesy Pisa photo


really...a must for any tourist to Italy
 9) Visiting St. Peter's basilica and the Vatican museum

so many people!
 10) Climbing the dome in Florence and almost being blown away

There were many more moments but I don't want to bore you till the cows come home. Rather than goodbye, the Italians like to say Arrivederci,  which means until we see each other again (which I like much better). To Italy, and all my new Contiki friends, Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. A fantastic top 10 list Jia Yi! Looks like a fabulous trip to remember for the rest of your life!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...